
Release Blitz, Excerpt & Giveaway:Taming of a WolfBy CJ Ravenna

Viking Wolves, Book 2
Could a grumpy Viking werewolf be the missing piece my broken family needs?
Jamie
Between being a single parent to my little brother and running my late grandma's bookshop, I've got no time for anyone else. I need a guy who will prioritize my brother like I do. If I can't find someone like that, I'd rather be alone forever.
When a time-traveling Viking werewolf flies out of a portal and crash lands at my feet, I get more than I could have asked for! Anders Eriksson takes one sniff and declares me his fated mate and before I know it, our fates and lives become intertwined.
Anders may be a villain in the past but to me, he's sweet, a little awkward, and he fits so perfectly into my little family that it's impossible not to fall for him.
But Anders is determined to return to the past and get revenge against the ones who wronged him.
Will he choose a future with me, or will he leave me behind like everyone else I've ever loved?
Taming of a Wolf is book 2 in the Viking Wolves series featuring a grumpy villain redeemed by his sunshine fated mate, found family, and a happy-ever-after! Though this installment is a standalone, the series is best enjoyed sequentially.
Book Links


Excerpt from Taming of a Wolf:Jace is in the middle of a panic attack when I arrive at Kate’s. “Oh, Jace.” I throw myself onto the bed and hold him tight as he sobs, his little body shaking against mine.Kate gives me a sad smile, holding her own concerned daughter close.
“Did you have the dream again?”
Gasping, he nods frantically against my chest. He grips at my shirt, nails biting into my skin. God, poor kiddo. I hate this for him.
“D-don’t leave me all alone,” he whimpers. “Please, Jamie.”
Like our parents did.
Even though it’s been four years, tears sting my eyes and a lump aches in my throat. “It’s okay, bud. I promise.” I rub his heaving back as he sobs into my shirt, soaking it with his tears. “I’m here. I’m alive. I’m not going anywhere. Ever.”
God, I am so stupid. While I was out on some stupid date, my brother was suffering.
Can’t I do anything right? If our parents were still here, they’d know what to do.
Mouthing a silent thank you to Kate and her kiddo for being there for him, I lift my brother and carry him downstairs. When Jace starts squirming, I set him down. He wipes his face dry.
“Feeling better?” I ask.
Jace shrugs and doesn’t look at me, cheeks red from crying or embarrassment or both.
“Want to take a walk over to the river before we go home? The water always calms me down.”
I don’t get a reply but Jace doesn’t resist as we walk away from the car and toward the river. The water sloshes peacefully and gulls cry in the night. Turning my face to the sky, I count the few stars I can see and try to calm myself down. I need to be strong for Jace.
“I still miss Mom and Dad,” Jace says.
I take in a deep breath that hitches around a sudden sob. “Me too.”
I miss our parents. I wish they were here to tell me what to do. To help me raise my brother and protect him. I can’t do this alone. “But it’s going to be okay.” Kneeling down, I squeeze his shoulders. “I’m here. We’ve got each other.”
Jace nods, sniffling.
I pull him in for a tight hug, and he tenses in my arms. “What’s that?”
I look back into the murky depths of the river. There’s something shimmering within the water. It almost looks like… some kind of light? The longer I stare, the brighter the light becomes until it’s almost painful to look at. What the hell’s going on?
Bubbles form on the river’s surface. My lizard brain screams to run, but I’m frozen in place. Something’s happening. Something big. There’s a tugging in my chest, like a hook’s fastened in my skin, urging me closer, forcing me to watch and wait.
An explosion of water showers up into the air and sprays me right in the face. Shrieking, I wipe water out of my eyes just in time to see a shape soar in front of the full moon. It looks like a… a rowboat. And it’s flying straight at me!
“Holy shit!” I hurl myself and Jace out of the way just as the boat crashes down on the pavement where I was standing. Chunks of wood fly everywhere, bouncing off my body. Shaking, I lower my hands away from my face.
“Are you okay?” I ask Jace.
He looks shaken but unharmed. “What was that?”
The scattered remains of the boat are everywhere.
And lying atop the remains is a man.
He’s huge, even lying down, or maybe the bizarre armor he wears makes him look bigger. His long black hair is plastered to his face and water glistens in his thick bushy beard. Little beads are woven into his hair and beard, parts of which have been braided.
“H-hello?” I squeak, then clear my throat.
“Is he dead?” Jace asks, peering closer.
“No! I’m sure he’s fine.” To myself I mutter, “Please be fine…” I inch close enough to tap him with my foot. He groans, and I exhale in relief. Okay, he’s not dead. What the hell do I do? I should probably call an ambulance, right? Oh god…
I drop my phone with a panicked curse as the massive man slowly sits up. He tosses back his head, his hair flying out of his face. The greenest eyes I’ve ever seen pin me in place and steal the breath from my lungs.
I position Jace behind me just in case.
Parting his lips, he speaks in a low rumble like thunder. “Where am I?”
I open my mouth but no words come out.
His nostrils flare, his eyes shining in the dark as he takes me in.
“Who are you? What is that…” He draws in a deep breath through his nose and his eyes fucking glow like an animal’s under a flashlight. “That scent. What is that?”
My legs quiver as he rises and comes toward me, his armor rattling with every slow step.
The winds change and there’s a smell unlike anything I’ve ever smelled before. It’s like… I don’t know how to describe it. Like all of my favorite smells rolled into one. Coffee and cinnamon. The whiff of parchment when you open a well-loved book, the spine cracked and the pages slightly yellowed from age.
“It’s…” He comes toward me, sniffing frantically.
“You,” I say, breathless as he stops mere inches from me.
Bushy brows furrow as those green eyes hold my gaze.
The hook in my chest tugs and burns, urging me toward him.
And somehow, I know nothing will ever be the same again.

Enter the Giveaway:

Catch up on Book 1: Heart of a Wolf

How to get over a breakup:1: Go to Iceland2: Get sent back in time3: Get abducted by a hot, moody Viking werewolfThe tour guides sure didn’t prepare me for this…
Kieran
After my boyfriend cheats, my best friend spirits me away to Reykjavik for a scenic getaway. I think this may be just the escape I need to get over the jerk.
What was supposed to be a beautiful boat cruise ends in chaos when I find myself transported to the age of the Vikings. Before I can catch my breath, I’m taken captive by Wulfric, a powerful and terrifying Viking warrior. But he’s not just a fearsome fighter. He and his clan are Ulfhednar, wolf shifters.
Humans are the natural enemies of Wulfric’s pack and the longer I linger in his time, the more dangerous my already precarious situation becomes. Despite our mutual dislike, Wulfric vows he will keep me alive until I can return to my time… but only if I let him claim me as his mate.
Turns out, there’s a thin line between love and hate. Passion erupts, burning hot enough to melt the glaciers. As I see a soft and loving side to this strong, wounded warrior, I begin to wonder just where it is I call home.
Can Wulfric’s past be my new present?
Heart of a Wolf is book 1 in the Viking Wolves series and features enemies-to-lovers, mating of convenience, a dash of time travel, mental health rep (PTSD and GAD), and a happy-ever-after.
Book Links


About the Author
CJ Ravenna loves to tell stories where the ordinary meets the extraordinary. Her books often feature an explosion or two, possessive and protective werewolves who adore their mates, steamy and swoony romance, and of course a happy ending.
Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/author/cjravenna
My website: http://cjravenna.com
Newsletter sign up: https://dashboard.mailerlite.com/forms/299960/125385163137877178/share
Bookbub: https://www.bookbub.com/authors/cj-ravenna
Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/27658591.C_J_Ravenna
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/cjravenna
My FaceBook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/ravennasravens

No comments:
Post a Comment